Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Blocked waiting for tape that was auto-mounted?

2009-06-26 12:13:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] Blocked waiting for tape that was auto-mounted?
From: Nico Halpern <nhalpern AT wgen DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:07:23 -0400
Greetings,

I have been banging my head against the wall for a few days now.  I am
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

For about 3 or 4 days now, Bacula refuses to mount tapes and use them.
If I start a job manually, the tape will mount, and the backup will not
start. The interesting part is that bacula-dir is blocked waiting for
the tape it just mounted!. "Status jobs" returns:

Device "TSDrive0" (/dev/IBMtape1n) is mounted with:
     Volume:      A00014L3
     Pool:        Default
     Media type:  LTO3
     Device is BLOCKED waiting for mount of volume "A00004L3",
        Pool:        Default
        Media type:  LTO3
     Slot 22 is loaded in drive 0.
     Total Bytes Read=65,536 Blocks Read=1 Bytes/block=65,536
     Positioned at File=0 Block=0

mtx tells me:
Data Transfer Element 0:Full (Storage Element 22 Loaded):VolumeTag =
A00004L3

If I somehow umount/remount the tape, and get it to start correctly,
bacula will write to the end of the tape, and repeat the process for the
next tape:

auto-mount correct tape, block waiting for tape to be mounted. This
obviously happens with any tape status (Purged, Recycled, Append). In
fact if the tape has been pruned/purged, bacula will mount the tape,
recycle it, and then block.

Any ideas of what could have gone wrong here?

Thank you!

Details:
Drive: IBMTS3310
Host: CentOS 5.2 x86_64