Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] OT: More about concurrent jobs...

2009-06-26 10:10:52
Subject: [Bacula-users] OT: More about concurrent jobs...
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jose E. Molina" <jmolina AT brujula DOT es>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:43:38 -0400
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Jose E. Molina<jmolina AT brujula DOT es>
wrote:
> There's been an interesting thread about the limitations of the
> storage/device model in Bacula, and i think i'm hitting one of those
> limitations, or maybe a configuration error:
>
> I have 1 Storage daemon with 1 File device, 1 autochanger with 1 Tape
> device.
>
> I want to make concurrent backups to the file device, but not on the
> tape. I've configured the director as follows:
>
> ( Director & Storage daemon has general  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10 )
>
> # Definition of file storage device
> Storage {
>   Name = File
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 3
>   Address = 1.2.3.4
>   SDPort = 9103
>   Password = "xxxx"
>   Device = FileStorage
>   Media Type = File
> }
>
> # C4, Drive LTO3
> Storage {
>   Name = StorageTekC4
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>   Address = 1.2.3.4
>   SDPort = 9103
>   Password = "xxxx"
>   Device = StorageTekC4
>   Media Type = LTO3
>   Autochanger = yes
> }

You do not want concurrent jobs on your LTO3 but you do with your
disk? I would have it the other way since disk is generally slower
than tape. Not using compression with the disk?

BTW, I do not know the answer to your real question. I have my disk
storage on a different machine than my 2 drive autochager.

John