Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Overriding Job and/or File Retention Periods?

2009-06-24 22:32:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Overriding Job and/or File Retention Periods?
From: Dirk Bartley <bartleyd2 AT chartermi DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:09:26 -0400
If your serious about it, you could always script your way out of it.
Set the file and job retention to the higher of the two desired values,
then conjure up an sql statment that select the jobs that you want to
have the lower retention periods and purge the records desired in a
script.

You could use the scripting language you feel most comfortable.  Then
run the script in cron or run after job.

Here is an example of a sql statement

SELECT
  Job.JobId
FROM job
JOIN JobMedia ON JobMedia.JobId=Job.JobId
JOIN Media ON JobMedia.MediaId=Media.MediaId
WHERE media.volumename IN ($medialist)
ORDER BY Job.EndTime
Limit 1
;" ;

But you could have it select jobs of a certain jobname or client that
are older than a certain age then purge files from those jobs.

It only takes a bit to set up.

Dirk