Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall fun

2009-06-23 11:10:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Firewall fun
From: Dirk Bartley <dbartley AT schupan DOT com>
To: Matthew Komar <mkomar AT serverrack DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:04:21 -0400
Sure,  iptables allows for connection based rules as well as the old
ipchains style rules based rules.

So your probably using connection based rules like :
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

just add something like

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --source fd_dmz_ipaddress --destination
sd_internal_address --dport 9103 ACCEPT

Or something to that effect.  This just accepts without considering
whether a connection has been established.  At least that's my
understanding of it, I've been less than perfect before though.

Dirk