Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File daemon at .... rejected Hello command

2009-06-23 09:10:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] File daemon at .... rejected Hello command
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:35:08 +0100
Hi,

I'm getting started with bacula.  I have a couple of minor backup jobs running
for a month or two.  We have a windows webserver whose existing backups are
a bit rough so I thought I'd test out bacula's windows fd and get a little
further into bacula as I'm at it.  This is the first FD which is on a
different subnet (ie passing through a router/firewall) and the first
windows FD.

I've run into a problem.  I've set up the FD on the windows webserver and
I'm pretty sure I have it moreorless right with the password matching that
on the server.  I've created a firewall rule for port 9102 and can telnet
to 9102 on the FD.

I've started the director console on the backup server and (just to test)
asked it to estimate the time for the job on the windows machine FD.  The
estimation works for the other backup jobs.  I get this error:

23-Jun 13:12 cuimhne-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: File daemon at
"babble.gcd.ie:9102" rejected Hello command
23-Jun 13:13 cuimhne-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: File daemon at
"babble.gcd.ie:9102" rejected Hello command

I wonder is it immediately obvious to anyone what might cause this?  What
should I be checking to see what's wrong?  I can post a tcpdump trace, etc.
if need be.

Thanks in advance,
Gavin