Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Where is bat?

2009-06-19 10:24:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Where is bat?
From: Ralph Böhme <ralph AT rsrc DOT de>
To: Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:21:15 +0200
Allan Black <Allan.Black AT btconnect DOT com> wrote:

> Ralph Böhme wrote:
>> on Opensolaris, now that I'm done: where is bat?
>> What am I missing?
>
> Possibly "export PATH PKG_CONFIG_PATH"

Well at least this now gives me (command c/p from gmake run):
---8<---
ralph@os:~/bacula-3.0.1/src/qt-console$ pfexec
/export/home/ralph/bacula-3.0.1/libtool --silent --mode=install
install -m 0754 -p /export/home/ralph/bacula-3.0.1/src/qt-console/bat
//usr/local/bacula/sbin/
find: stat() error //usr/local/bacula/sbin/bat: No such file or directory
find: cycle detected for /lib/crypto/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/32/
find: cycle detected for /lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/secure/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/elfedit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/locale/en_US.UTF-8/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/locale/en_US.UTF-8/LC_CTYPE/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/locale/en_US.UTF-8/LO_LTYPE/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/link_audit/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/32/
find: cycle detected for /usr/lib/lwp/32/
install: -p was not found anywhere!
---8<---

It's using install which doesn't work, ginstall does:
---8<---
ralph@os:~/bacula-3.0.1/src/qt-console$ pfexec
/export/home/ralph/bacula-3.0.1/libtool --silent --mode=install
ginstall -m 0754 -p /export/home/ralph/bacula-3.0.1/src/qt-console/bat
//usr/local/bacula/sbin/
ralph@os:~/bacula-3.0.1/src/qt-console$ ls /usr/local/bacula/sbin
bacula      bacula-fd   bat         bcopy       bls         bscan
  btape       bwild
bacula-dir  bacula-sd   bconsole    bextract    bregex      bsmtp
  btraceback  dbcheck
---8<---

Et voila: bat.

Anybody who know's where one is supposed to stick this in when
configuring ? It's only the install command for bat that ends using
`install`, from what I can see every other installation uses ginstall.
I've already looked at the mkspecs file used to qmake Qt, but that
doesn't have an explicit option to specify which install command to use.

Thanks!
-Ralph