Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with accurate backups

2009-06-15 02:59:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with accurate backups
From: Robert W Hartzell <bear AT rwhartzell DOT net>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:54:33 -0700
Falk Sauer wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Montag 15 Juni 2009 06:13:21 wrote:
>> Falk Sauer wrote:
>>> Hi Bob,

>>> assumed bacula has no error in this new function ...
>>> sounds like a performance problem with your database. Can you
>>> try this again with a very small job and a new database?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>    Falk
>> Since this is a test server i have tried many different size jobs
>> from 20mb to 20gb all still with the same results :( I'm using
>> MySQL 4.0.31. This error returns almost instantly after the job
>> starts.
>>
>> I have also just noticed that i cannot select individual files
>> when doing a restore the error basically equates to
>>
>> Building directory tree for JobId(s) 1 ...  Query failed:
>> -snip-
>> ASC: ERR=You have an error in your SQL syntax.
>
> can you find this sql query in your debug output? If yes put it in
> your mySqlAdmin and try this sql statement alone, then you see if
> the sql syntax is really broken or what the error can be in your
> database ... possibly you hit a problem with charactersets or
> filenames.

> Regards
>    Falk

Ok i can confirm that th query does fail when entered manualy into mysql

building directory tree for JobId(s) 1 ...  Query failed: SELECT Path.Path,
Filename.Name, File.FileIndex, File.JobId, File.LStat FROM ( SELECT
max(FileId)
as FileId, PathId, FilenameId FROM (SELECT FileId, PathId, FilenameId FROM
File WHERE JobId IN (1)) AS F GROUP BY PathId, FilenameId ) AS Temp JOIN
Filename ON (Filename.FilenameId = Temp.FilenameId) JOIN Path ON
(Path.PathId = Temp.PathId) JOIN File ON (File.FileId = Temp.FileId) WHERE
File.FileIndex > 0 ORDER BY JobId, FileIndex

ASC: ERR=You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near
'SELECT max(FileId) as FileId, PathId, FilenameId FROM (SELECT F

There were no files inserted into the tree, so file selection
is not possible.Most likely your retention policy pruned the files

Do you want to restore all the files? (yes|no):

Thanks for looking into this... I know nothing about data querys.
Bob