Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] getting the exchange plugin to work with 2007

2009-06-10 16:30:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] getting the exchange plugin to work with 2007
From: Jeff Shanholtz <jeffsubs AT shanholtz DOT com>
To: 'James Harper' <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:33:50 -0700
Looks like I was getting thrown off by all the VSS stuff (I figured that
would be off by default - guess not), and didn't realize Outlook was
removing the line breaks, making it hard to read.

It does appear to be working, and the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer is no
longer complaining about the store never having been backed up! :D

Those file specifications came from my research on setting this up. It was
in a thread I found on the subject (which I think you were a part of IIRC),
and the purpose was to get the directory itself without the files. 2007 has
a significantly different directory structure than 2003 and it was unclear
to me what I should/shouldn't back up. But now that I can see what the
plugin is backing up it appears that I should just exclude the edb and log
files from the normal FileSet file specs. In fact, I think I should
configure it to back up the whole Exchange Server directory (rather than
letting my normal backup job do that), minus the edb's and log's.

Thanks!

| C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Exchange Server/Mailbox/
|
| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/Mailbox
Database/DatabaseBackupInfo

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/Mailbox
Database/C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage
Group\Mailbox Database.edb               |
| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/Mailbox
Database/

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E0000000836.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E0000000837.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E0000000838.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E0000000839.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E000000083A.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E000000083B.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E000000083C.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E000000083D.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\E000000083E.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/First Storage Group/
|
| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/Public Folder
Database/DatabaseBackupInfo

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/Public Folder
Database/C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage
Group\Public Folder Database.edb |
| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/Public Folder
Database/

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage Group\E010000014D.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage Group\E010000014E.log

| /@EXCHANGE/Microsoft Information Store/Second Storage Group/C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\Second Storage Group\E010000014F.log