Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to send a mail after a Job ?

2009-06-10 10:09:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to send a mail after a Job ?
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:45:48 +0300
On Wednesday 10 June 2009 16:25:42 Willians Vivanco wrote:
> Tolj Mario wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Sorry if my english isn't very well.
> >
> > I'm trying to configure Bacula to send me a mail after a Job (Succes or
> > Error, etc...). but i'm not sure how to configure that.
> >
> > My Linux server is in my windows Active Directory, so i try to send a
> > mail to two of my Active Directory users (user1 AT test DOT ch and user2 AT
> > test DOT ch)
> >
> > In the bacula-dir.conf i'have try to only put the email addresses in the
> > Message ressource separated by a ";" but it doesn't work. I think it's a
> > little bit more complicated than that :)
> >
> > Messages {
> >   Name = Standard
> >   mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h *user1 AT test DOT ch;user2 AT test DOT
> > ch* \ -f
> > \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
> >   operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h *user1 AT test DOT ch;user2 AT test
> > DOT ch \*
> > -f \"\(Bacula\) \<%r\>\" -s \"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
> >   console = all, !skipped, !saved
> >   append = "/var/lib/bacula/log" = all, !skipped
> > }
> >

> As simple as create an script that send the emails and call it from the
> job resource using the "runAfterJob" attribute... This was my solution
> and it works... Maybe isn't the best one. But it results for me.
>
> Regards
> Willians

I think the right way to do it would be to use the correct Messages resource,
so let's try to fix it :)

bsmtp's -h specifies host to use for sending mail, eg. localhost. If you want
to send the e-mail to multiple adresses, specify them in "mail" parameter, eg:
Messages {
  mail = user1 AT test DOT ch, user2 AT test DOT ch = all, !skipped
}

--
Silver