Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bscan without first tape?

2009-06-09 12:01:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] bscan without first tape?
From: Jim Creason <jim AT shout DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 10:28:23 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to bscan (yes, I've done something wrong) several tapes to
restore a few folders.  This was a Full spanning nine tapes, of which
the first has been overwritten.  Am I correct in assuming that bscan
will not find the JobID without the first tape and will subsequently not
insert any data into the database?  If so, then is my best bet at this
point to bextract from a subset of the remaining eight tapes where I'm
pretty sure the folders I want are located?

                thanks!

                        --jim