Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Fatal Error

2009-06-08 02:52:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Fatal Error
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:49:11 +1000

> Hello,
>
> We have been using Bacula  Version: 2.2.7 for our backup needs. Today
morning
> we have received a fatal error and the backup could not be completed.
Strange
> enough the backup termination status is saying OK. If you have any
kind of
> hint to resolution of this error then kindly suggest the same. Thanks
in
> advance.

> 06-Jun 15:20 remote-dir JobId 2014: Fatal error: Can't fill File table
Query
> failed: INSERT INTO File (FileIndex, JobId, PathId, FilenameId, LStat,
> MD5)SELECT batch.FileIndex, batch.JobId, Path.PathId,
> Filename.FilenameId,batch.LStat, batch.MD5 FROM batch JOIN Path ON
(batch.Path
> = Path.Path) JOIN Filename ON (batch.Name = Filename.Name): ERR=The
table
> 'File' is full

That last message 'The table 'File' is full' is probably the reason. One
or more of the following is probably true:
1. You are out of space on the volume where your database is stored
2. You are spooling to the same volume as your database, causing #1, but
it will appear to have plenty of space once the backup stops as the
spool file will be deleted (ask me how I know about this :)
3. You have reached some internal limit in your database. I doubt that
will happen with mysql or postgresql but could be possible with sqlite.
How many rows in File? (select count(*) from file)

James