Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] estimate and actual job differ

2009-06-05 10:18:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] estimate and actual job differ
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT ultrasoft DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:36:16 +0300
On Thursday 04 June 2009 10:53:03 Christian Gaul wrote:
> Silver Salonen schrieb:

> > files

> > actual

> >> Since you modified the fileset to add mtimeonly=yes, did you also add
> >> Ignore FileSet Changes=yes?
> >>
> >> If not, your next backup will default to a Full because the fileset
> >> doesnt match to the one your last Full was made with.
> >>

> > Yes, I also have "Ignore FileSet Changes=yes", sorry I didn't mention it.
And
> > if I didn't have it, estimate would show full too, wouldn't it?
> >

> I dont know if estimate honors that or just takes what you give it. I
> personally only use estimate when making new filesets (to see if my
> excludes work correctly). And since using estimate with LVM Snapshots
> doesnt work anyways because they are not mounted for an estimate job,
> most of my filesets would show 0 files anyways. Sorry i cant help with that.

I suppose estimate does honor the option ("Ignore FileSet Changes=yes"),
because the problem is not in estimate job's files, but rather in actual job's
files - the actual job just wants to back up all the files, but it should not.

It seems that actual job (or the client of the job) doesn't honor the
mtimeonly=yes - it worked OK with my FreeBSD-client when I tested the similar
situation.

--
Silver