Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula project voting results

2009-05-27 06:15:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula project voting results
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "bacula-announce" <bacula-announce AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "bacula-devel" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:10:11 +0200
Hello,

This is to let you know that the preliminary results of the vote are now
available on the Bacula web site at:

www.bacula.org -> Project Vote

The first table shown is a summary of the voting showing the new ordering of
the projects by voted priority.

The second table shows the same thing, but with votes submitted by each voter.

The third table shows the votes received by each project.

Most of it should be pretty much self-explanatory.  The important information
is the voting order presented in the first table.

Many thanks to all of those who voted (something like 225 people).  We
appreciate very much to have taken the time to do it.  For all of those of
you who did vote, once we have done a bit more analysis of the data, we will
email you the more detailed analysis of votes by country ... -- this should
be somewhere around the end of June.  We don't expect to put the additional
analysis on the web site. For those of you who did not vote, we will prehaps
have some means for you to sign up for the information.

What seems to me to be clear from the voting is that the vast majority of
voters prefer to add some serious high end functionality ...  I have every
reason to believe that as time progresses we will see many of the highly
ranked projects implemented.

Best regards,

Kern