Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] View all volumes who are accessible

2009-05-22 02:36:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] View all volumes who are accessible
From: "David Weber" <davidwerbung AT gmx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 08:30:52 +0200
Hello,

we want to setup a small Bacula system to backup all our servers. The backups
should be saved on 3 rotating 1TB external HDD's. We want to have the following
backup types:

-Daily differential backups who are saved for only a few days.
-Weekly full backups who are saved for a few weeks
-Monthly full backups who are saved for a few months.

All backup types should be saved on the same hdd's. The hdd's should rotate
every week.

So I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on one server and compiled Bacula 3.01 on it. I
created for every backup type one pool and for every hdd 8 volumes in the daily
pool(so 24 volumes total), 5 volumes in the weekly poll(15 total) and also 5
volumes in the monthly pool(15 total).
All pools have 1 Day use duration.

If all volumes of one pool are full I want to purge the oldest one by hand.

Now my Questions are:

-Is there a command for Bconsole which shows me all volumes that are currently
accessible for the storage daemon? So that I can see which volumes are on the
hdd who is actually connected with the server and I can easier choose one to
purge.

-Is there perhaps a better setup who efforts the same requirements but who is
easier to administrate?.

I hope I was able to convey you my problem and sorry if there was already a
similar question, I didn't found one.

Sincere regards
David Weber
--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!*