Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] OOM with `accurate' mode

2009-05-06 04:39:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] OOM with `accurate' mode
From: ebollengier <eric AT eb.homelinux DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 01:35:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Craig,

Craig Ringer wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm wondering if there's any way to limit the memory used by `accurate'
> mode -  say, by spooling the required data to an mmap()ped file instead
> of an in-memory block, or handling it in chunks.

Not at this time, mmap isn't portable and it costs too much (you can do it
yourself by adding an other swap area). We've planed a big memory
improvement in a future release.

Craig Ringer wrote:

> I just had a server with 2GB of RAM, most of which was free, go OOM
> because Bacula ate 1.5GB of RAM and 2GB of swap during an incremental,
> so I'm a bit concerned about this.

How many files have you on this server ?

Bye

PS: maybe you have already see my answer, something goes wrong with my first
reply