Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir 2.4.4 and bacula-fd 3.0.1 cannot communicate

2009-05-03 02:26:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir 2.4.4 and bacula-fd 3.0.1 cannot communicate
From: Michael Hughes <michael.hughes AT gmx DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 23:21:17 -0700
It seems that bacula-dir 2.4.4 cannot communicate with bacula-fd 3.0.1.

A few days ago we updated a test Freebsd 7 file server to the latest
available ports. One of the ports that was upgraded was the
bacula-client which installs the file daemon on the file server. We had
originally been using bacula-fd 2.4.4 on the fbsd server which was
working beautifully, now however we receive the following message
whenever the director attempts to contact the newer client.

02-May 21:19 flit-dir JobId 6698: Fatal error: File daemon at "quail-b:9102"
rejected Hello command

All configuration files are exactly the same as before. I have checked the
obvious stuff (interface being up and not firewalled, etc.) I searched the web
looking to see if there were any incompatibilities between the two versions and
only found a few forum threads concerning the windows binary client. I have
emailed the FreeBSD bacula-client port maintainer about getting a bacula-fd 2.X
port. I guess I'd like to know if there is a known problem with using a 2.4.4
directory with 3.0.1 clients.

Michael Hughes
Student System Administrator
SSLI/MTML Labs