Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula Virtual backup

2009-04-29 06:49:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula Virtual backup
From: "James Harper" <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: "Peder Pedersen" <peder.p AT gmail DOT com>, <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:44:53 +1000
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently setting up bacula, I have a primary set of backups to
> disk (for fast recovery) which uses the "disk SD" in the pool def:
> Full            on the first Friday of the month
> filename (full-...)
> Diff            on every other Friday of the month
> filename (Diff-...)
> Inc             from Sunday to Thursday
> filename (Inc-...)
>
> But the project requirements are that I have a full tape backup every
> day and stored of site, to do this I used the virtual backup that uses
> the "tape SD", it works fine the first time and it makes a tape, but
> on the second day it request that the data file
> /data/backup/archive/00000..L4 mounted(which is the name of the
> previous Virtual backup tape and the location of the "disk SD" uses to
> store it's file ).
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for me (I can provided extra info if
needed)?

Can you build your own bacula? I patched mine to do exactly what you
were asking, which is basically to exclude anything in the destination
pool as being a candidate for the source. I've been running it for weeks
and it's never missed a beat.

Kern wasn't particularly interested in the patch as it stands, as it
breaks other possible uses of virtual backups. But for what I wanted
(and what you want by the sounds of it) it is perfect.

If you can build your own bacula from source then I'll repost the patch.

James