Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Continued backup problems. Interesting error.

2009-04-22 04:01:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Continued backup problems. Interesting error.
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:55:14 +0200
Hello,

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 00:22:25 Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 21.04.2009 22:30, John Lockard wrote:
> > Has anyone seen anything like this before?
>
> No... this is with version 3.0.0, right?

Yes, this is 3.0.0.   John forgot to mention it but wisely included the whole
job log :-)

> Looks like some output text buffer is used incorrectly...

Well, the real error is that the connection between the SD and FD was ended
(Fatal error: Network error ...).

The rest of the output is just new output in 3.0.0 that should show the
last "command" received, but is in fact a piece of some buffer -- most likely
because something went wrong in John's networking.

If it re-occurs a lot it could possibly be a bug, but at this point, it looks
like it is a typical network problem.

Regards,

Kern