Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Following symlinks

2009-04-21 06:42:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Following symlinks
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:36:19 -0300
Hi Kjetil.

On Monday, 20 April 2009 13:16:57 +0200,
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> > With respect to the solution with find, it seems that it is having a
> > behavior different from that you indicate. According to I read in
> > the find man pages, %l talks about the object of symbolic link and
> > empty string if file is not a symbolic link).
>
> yes.  this way Bacula will backup the target of the symlink, in other
> words, if /space/log points to /srv/foo/log, the find will emit
> "/srv/foo/log", and as a result, the files will be stored in the
> catalog as /srv/foo/log/*.  if you use the sed-trick, the files will
> be recorded in the catalog as /space/log/*.

I test creating the /etc/apache2/nagios symlink points to /home/nagios.
In my FileSet I added a line with:

File = /etc/apache2/.

I've performed a backup and then I erased a temporary file that I had
created in /home/nagios and after doing restore I see symlink in the
restoration directory instead of
/tmp/bacula-restores/etc/apache2/directory-point-by-symlink. Which can
be the problem?

On the other hand, according to I see, when browsing the backuped files,
I don't have form to select the nagios file individually because I only
see "./" within /etc/apache2 reason why I do not have another option
that "mark ./"

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37