Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bug or misuse, file are not save ?

2009-04-17 08:53:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bug or misuse, file are not save ?
From: Mike Ruskai <thannyd AT earthlink DOT net>
To: "bacula-users (anglais)" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:48:16 -0400
On 04/17/2009 08:27, Olivier Delestre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A bug in bacula or misuse, I do not know.
> Let me explain.
>
> I have a folder 1 that is saved. I have a folder 2 that is not.
> The directories are on the same partition.
>
> Execution of a total folder 1 saved in whole
> Moving a file to the folder 2 to folder 1.
> Execution of an incremental, folder 1 is saved without the moving file
> which is in the folder 1.
>
> Bacula uses the ctime, mtime only?
> Is it not a problem of bacula or a misuse or (option)?
> I do not know if this comment v3.0.0 rule. And this is only valid for
> Windows clients ... easy to reproduce and if you have an explain ?

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Current_State_Bacula.html#SECTION00530000000000000000

Note the third bullet point.  Apparently it still hasn't been addressed
in v3.0.0.

It seems easy enough to check whether a file has been backed up, but
with file records having a separate retention time, it could be possible
for an incremental backup to have no file records to check - just a
timestamp of the last backup.