Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restoreing from a concurrent backup

2009-04-16 04:35:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restoreing from a concurrent backup
From: Julien Cigar <jcigar AT ulb.ac DOT be>
To: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:33:06 +0200
Hello,

Do you have the same problem as this one :
http://www.nabble.com/file-count-mismatch-tt19508099.html ?

(It's an old post of mine, but I never received any feedback)

Julien

On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 09:03 +0100, Graham Keeling wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:34:30PM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > tonight i ran my very first concurrent backup and the backup time went
> > down nicely. yay.
> >
> > when trying to restore something from the backup i got this:
> >   Files Expected:         1
> >   Files Restored:         0
>
> Hello,
>
> I found a very serious bacula bug a few months ago that has only been fixed
> properly recently (I believe that 2.4.0 would have been affected), to do with
> overlapping jobs both trying to use a single volume at the same time.
>
> Did you have two jobs write to a single volume at the same time?

Julien Cigar
Belgian Biodiversity Platform
http://www.biodiversity.be
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Campus de la Plaine CP 257
Bâtiment NO, Bureau 4 N4 115C (Niveau 4)
Boulevard du Triomphe, entrée ULB 2
B-1050 Bruxelles
Mail: jcigar AT ulb.ac DOT be
@biobel: http://biobel.biodiversity.be/person/show/471