Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restoring locally

2009-04-14 01:12:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] restoring locally
From: thecount <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:35:25 -0400
hi
i'm a bacula n00b but i've just managed to get the thing up and running
(woo-hoo!)
my slight worry though is that the server and client are running on the same
machine. the backup files are stored on an external hard drive but bacula.sql
and bacula.db are both on the same disk as the files being backed up. so my
worry is if the hard drive fails and i need to restore, i'll have the backup
volume but i won't have bacula.sql or bacula.db. so will i be able to restore
the files? If not, how can I correct this? Should I move the database to the
external drive as well?