Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2

2009-03-25 03:46:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Debian Packages: Bacula Beta 2.5.42-b2
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:39:18 +0900
Craig Ringer wrote:
> Thomas Mueller wrote:
>
>> as this is a beta version, and the package is not tested
>
> Youch, I spoke too soon on the upgrade.
>
> I just updated the server running the director, or tried to, as I'd
> finished updating all the FDs with your packages.
>
> Looks like the pgsql director and sd packages are broken and
> uninstallable due to unresolvable dependency problems.

Sorry for the reply to self:

Downloading the package sources, removing all references to MySQL from
debian/control, removing MySQL references from debian/rules, and running
"rm debian/*mysql*" to get rid of the binary package descriptors allowed
me to build a copy of the packages without broken dependencies.

It looks like dh_makeshlibs or dh_shlibdeps must be adding the
dependency to satisfy a library dependency in the sd, and fail to
understand that the libraries needed appear in both the pgsql and mysql
packages.

I just did the quick and dirty fix for now, but I'll if I can figure out
how to fix it properly in a bit. I don't do much Debian packaging, and
find it pretty arcane, so I'm not sure how much luck I'll have.

--
Craig Ringer