Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] End of tape error

2009-03-17 08:53:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] End of tape error
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Uwe Schuerkamp <hoover AT nionex DOT net>, Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 08:42:59 -0400
>> I am using compressed,
>> GZIP backup.

You should not do that with a LTO drive. This will slow your backups
down tremendously. The drive itself compresses data at over 100MB/s, I
have not seen a cpu that can do more than 20 MB/s. I know my 2.83GHz
core2 quad is no way as fast as my LTO2 tape drive when it comes to
compression.

This however does not have anything do to with the errors you have.
Check the archives for MTEOM and look at your dmesg for scsi errors.

John