Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] even bextract can't recover: Volume Data error ... Block checksum mismatch

2009-03-16 10:49:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] even bextract can't recover: Volume Data error ... Block checksum mismatch
From: Marcus Wellnitz <wellnitz AT datenwerk-it DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:24:13 +0100
Hello,

how can I recover my files and database?

After fixing some mysql-issues I can't recover my old files. So I tried
the tool bextract with no luck :-(

I did a myisamchk and mysql found some errors and fixed it.

So it begun:
After my vacation the backup had a 'no space left on device'. The last
jobs hung. I manually canceled jobs.
Additionally I found out last week the memory of the machine was corrupt
(I did an upgrade and while running memcheck it found a corrupt memory
module). It makes sense because we had sometimes crashes while doing
backups with a big amount of data (machine hungs completely with no
logfile-infos).

So I decided to recover a file using bextract because bconsole did not
find the file in an old backup (no database entries). All backups were
made on a fileshare (with RAID5) former 1.3 TB now 3TB.

bextract -p -d 5 -i restore-ora-doc
/backup/bacula/FileStorage/monthly-0210 /backup/bacula/restore
bextract: match.c:249-0 add_fname_to_include prefix=0 gzip=0
fname=e:/fileshare/05 Dokumentation/somedoc.doc
bextract: match.c:249-0 add_fname_to_include prefix=0 gzip=0
fname=somedoc.doc
bextract: butil.c:282 Using device: "/backup/bacula/FileStorage" for
reading.
16-Mär 14:54 bextract JobId 0: Ready to read from volume "monthly-0210"
on device "FileStorage" (/backup/bacula/FileStorage).
16-Mär 14:54 bextract JobId 0: Error: block.c:318 Volume data error at
0:553771191!
Block checksum mismatch in block=8585 len=64512: calc=260ab035 blk=c734476b
16-Mär 14:54
bconsole: Ungültige Option -- h
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.

Version: 2.4.1 (07 July 2008) x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu suse 10.3
can you give me some hints, please?
--

Marcus Wellnitz

Datenwerk GmbH
Vogelsbergstr. 34
60316 Frankfurt am Main

Telefon +49 (0) 69/9434086-0
Fax     +49 (0) 69/9434086-9
E-Mail  wellnitz AT datenwerk-it DOT de
Web     www.datenwerk-it.de

Sitz: Frankfurt am Main, Amtsgericht  Frankfurt am Main HRB 55221
Geschäftsführer: Michael Beck, Dr. Thomas Latz