Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Verify

2009-03-10 08:05:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problems with Verify
From: albremer AT googlemail DOT com
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:54:58 +0100
2009/3/9, Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>:
> albremer AT googlemail DOT com schrieb:
>> Bacula always seems to think that the end of volume is reached:
>> ---------------------
>> 09-Mar 16:11 SD.xen JobId 3: End of Volume at file 7 on device
>> "DEV.FileStorage" (/local/var/backup/volumes), Volume
>> "VOL-MANUAL-0001"
>> --------------------
>>
>> There are no other errors and I can successfully restore files which
>> are reported as missing.
>> Any Ideas?
>

> I have problems with verify jobs that are running on clients with the
> heartbeat option enabled. This is a bug in bacula < 3.0.
>
> It looks a bit different than your problem, but if you've enabled the
> hearbeat option, try disabling it.

Thanks for your answer Ralf,

unfortunately I do not use any heartbeat settings.

Do you have an idea what "End of Volume at file 7" could mean? The
whole volume is 32GB with thousands of files and only some of them are
marked as beeing not on the volume. Most of the files which are on the
volume can actually be verified. There should be a lot more than 7
files before the error occurs. The files which can't be found on the
volume are files right in the middle of the backup tree - there are
many file before and after the files in question.

Alex