Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FileId in table File too small

2009-03-05 06:11:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FileId in table File too small
From: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:08:26 +0000 (UTC)
> Hello everybody.
>
> Last friday when ran into a problem with the FileId attribute of the
> File table. Using Bacula for some years now the FileId reached its
> maximum of 4294967295 and Bacula wasnt able to backup any more files.
>
> I found a recent post concerning such an issue. The solution was to
> alter the File table and change the FileId to BigInt(12). After doing
> this backups are working again as expected but I'm a bit concerned about
> the internal handling of the FileId field.

the upcoming 3.0 (beta version 2.5.xx) has doubled the size of this field

http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/
New_Features.html#SECTION00570000000000000000

the 3.0 should officially be released this month (if there isn't found
any show-stopper). so you might give the beta a try.

- Thomas