Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mark a directory to be excluded from backup

2009-03-04 10:46:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mark a directory to be excluded from backup
From: Thomas Manson <dev.mansonthomas AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 16:42:57 +0100
Yes exactly !

But I'll keep to the version of bacula shipped in ubuntu repo (safer).

Thanks for the info.

Thomas.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 16:02, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org> wrote:
Thomas Manson wrote:
Hi,

 I wonder if it is possible to mark a directory to be exclude from the backup by another mean that the bacula-dir.conf.

 Here we have a centralized configuration for what is to be backup, while I think a distributed configuration would be more efficient and easy to handle (Ok, not in every case, but in my case I don't get why the director should know every thing about it's clients file system)

 For example, if a directory would contain an empty file .bacula_exclude_dir own by a specific user, the file daemon would not backup this dir even if inside a directory mention with a File=

Well, FWIW, this is implemented, but not released.

See http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html

Look for "Exclude Dirs Containing"

Now in the SVN version, coming soon to a release near you.

Is this what you're looking for?

--
Dan Langille

PGCon  - The PostgreSQL Conference:     http://www.pgcon.org/