Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Do your VXA tapes lose their label?

2009-02-27 11:12:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Do your VXA tapes lose their label?
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:09:50 -0500
Hi,

Over the couple of years that I have been using two VXA-172 drives, I
have noticed that my VXA tapes occasionally lose their label.  Once this
week, on each of two different backup systems, I have had to intervene
because bacula said to put in a specific tape or label a new one.  The
tape bacula wants is already loaded into the drive.  If I then read the
label with btape, btape says there is no label.  So I then label the
tape again and go on my merry way.

If this is the case, I think I will have to come up with a way to read
the label during a load, and if its not there, then see if the tape
exists in the catalog, and if it does exist, then relabel it.