Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job Pruning (was Issue with recycling after moving from 2.0 to 2.4)

2009-02-20 10:23:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job Pruning (was Issue with recycling after moving from 2.0 to 2.4)
From: Yann Cezard <yann.cezard AT univ-pau DOT fr>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:20:14 +0100
Yann Cezard a écrit :
> [...]
> Is the problem in pruning Jobs ???
>
> Any clue is welcome !
>
> Regards,

Ok, after looking in the code, if I understand correctly, job pruning
is only done after the job has run. That would explain why some
jobs aren't deleted from catalog (but it seems it was the same with
Bacula 2.0, so I don't really understand why i didn't have this
problem before...).

If this is exact I have two options :
1) reduce Job Retention to 12 days not 13.
2) having a way to do job pruning before at the start of each job

I prefer option 2), but what would be the best way to accomplish that ?
Using dbcheck + cron ? or using a RunBeforeJob script ?

Thanks for any advice,

--
Yann Cézard - Administrateur Systèmes Serveurs
Centre de Ressources Informatiques    -    http://cri.univ-pau.fr