Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] an other strange issue , with library ...

2009-01-29 18:34:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] an other strange issue , with library ...
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: guigux AT free DOT fr, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:30:46 -0500
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM,  <guigux AT free DOT fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> under bconsole :
>
> *update slots
> Automatically selected Storage: 136T
> Enter autochanger drive[0]: 0
> Connecting to Storage daemon 136T at vmware-fc9:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
> Device "136T" has 72 slots.
> Connecting to Storage daemon 136T at vmware-fc9:9103 ...
> 3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
> Catalog record for Volume "LT1005L3" is up to date.
> Catalog record for Volume "LT1062L3" is up to date.
> cut- cut- cut .....
>
> displaying only the first 60 slots .... but not the last 12 !
> (in fact i m okay , the last 12 , are in fact configured as mailbox in the
> library)

The reason is the way the mtx_changer script parses the output of the
mtx commands to determine what volumes are loaded. You will have to
edit the mtx_changer script to tailor it to your system.

For me I had to use a modifyied the mtx_changer script to recognize my
1 IO slot (same concept as a mail slot) on my Exabyte Magnum 224.

I can try to search for my mail about the discussion of this.

> but btape correctly seeing 72 slots .... strange .

John M. Drescher