Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Windows bare metal backup/restore

2009-01-27 13:04:04
Subject: [Bacula-users] Windows bare metal backup/restore
From: Martin Spinassi <martins.listz AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:05:11 -0200
Hi list!

I know it should be an answered question, but googling it didn't clarify
much, so I decided to ask you: how are your experiences about abre metal
backup/restore to windows servers?
I've seen some suggestions around the web, but they look pretty
estrange, doing disk images before coping it to bacula, using a diskette
(I think I can stole one from the museum...I just need a weapon :-D ),
or even doing a home-made live cd. Master boot record an partition
tables are also a problem.

So, how do you do it? And most important, how easy is to do a bare metal
restore in a critic situation (it's never easy to do things in critic
situations anyway).

Thanks to all

Cheers

Martín