Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore of a file from tape library with autochanger

2009-01-26 10:50:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore of a file from tape library with autochanger
From: Dragan Jotanovic <Dragan.Jotanovic AT diosphere DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:47:43 +0000
Hi there.
I am trying to restore a file from a tape in my tape library using bacula, but
I can't do it unless the right tape is mounted in drive.
I expected autochanger to automatically mount the right drive when I request
restore operation, but this is not happening.
Is there some special configuration that I am not aware of?

My current storage configuration is:

Autochanger {
  Name = Autochanger
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = Changer0
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-1
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = T50e
  Device Type = Tape
  Archive Device = Tape0
  AutomaticMount = yes
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  AutoChanger = yes
  Alert Command = "tapeinfo -f %c | findstr TapeAlert"
}

Currently, when I request some file that I previously backed up with bacula,
the Job is staying in "waiting for storage" status indefinitely. Is there a
solution for this problem?
I have SpectraLogic T50e media library, and bacula server and direcctor are
installed on windows.