Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] What is the bacula user's home directory?

2009-01-14 08:18:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] What is the bacula user's home directory?
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:15:01 -0800
In my configuration, the bacula-dir and bacula-sd both run as user
bacula rather than root, as recommended.

Now I am trying to run a Run Before script that includes wget to a
password-protected site. The user name and password are in a .netrc
file. It doesn't work - wget does not use the user name and password
stored from the .netrc file. Apparently, the Run Before Job script is
using root's environment and home directory even when running as user
"bacula". Consequently, .netrc is unreadable to the script.

Is there a way to work around this without putting the user name and
password into the script itself?

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.