Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] scsi help

2009-01-10 07:39:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] scsi help
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: Timo Neuvonen <timo-news AT tee-en DOT net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 07:36:56 -0500
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:53:59PM +0200, Timo Neuvonen wrote:

> If the library was replaced with another one (factory-replacement avove),
> are there any chances that the scsi addresses (14 vs 15) in drive
> configuration were swapped? It's also possible you (or someone else at your
> site) had done that years ago to fix this kind of inconsistency in the old
> unit, so there doesn't have to be anything wrong with the new, replaced
> unit.
>
> I don't know this spesific hardware, so don't know if the addresses are set
> with jumpers/switches, or thru some more modern configuration system. But
> for me it just looks like this could be fixed with swapping the address
> settings of the two drives.
>

> --
> TiN

Yes! following your suggestion, i started digging aound in the library
configuration, and
buried in the partition library panels was the scsi id settings, looks 'sane'
now. thanks!

[root@molbio ~]# lsscsi
[0:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      TOSHIBA MK2035GS DK02  /dev/sda
[1:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      TOSHIBA MK2035GS DK02  /dev/sdb
[4:0:0:0]    disk    AMCC     9650SE-16M DISK  3.08  /dev/sdc
[5:0:14:0]   tape    IBM      ULTRIUM-TD4      89B8  /dev/st0
[5:0:14:1]   mediumx SPECTRA  PYTHON           2000  -
[5:0:15:0]   tape    IBM      ULTRIUM-TD4      89B8  /dev/st1

-- michael