Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "losing" environment variables

2009-01-08 09:47:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] "losing" environment variables
From: Olaf Zevenboom <olaf AT artefact DOT nl>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:19:54 +0100
Dear List,

*We run **Bacula 2.4.1 on Debian. I have implemented a line in the
startup script if the Director:
. /etc/bacula/environment.conf
In that file I have defined some environment variables.
The issue is that *sometimes* these variables are no longer recognized
by Bacula and therefor variable expansion in tapelabels does not work
correctly resulting in errors like:
**Error: Illegal character in Volume name
"Bacula_Daily-${WEEKDAGEN[${WeekDay}]}-Tape"
When I restart Director the vars are recognized again and there is no
problem.
At first I suspected that there was a difference in issuing a "reload"
in bconsole versus restarting the director causing this behavior, but
after some testing this does not seem to be the case.
**
*Any ideas are very welcome as I have no idea what is causing this and
when it will happen again.

I implemented 2 scripts to stop or restart all daemons so I do not have
to manually run 3 scripts. Maybe there is something in them which might
lead to this behavior?

/etc/bacula/stop_all.sh :
#!/bin/sh
#see: http://edin.no-ip.com/content/bacula-debian-sid-mini-howto
find /etc/init.d/ -name 'bacula*' -exec {} stop \;
sleep 2s
ps aux | grep bacula
netstat -utal | grep bacula

/etc/bacula/restart_all.sh :
#!/bin/sh
#see: http://edin.no-ip.com/content/bacula-debian-sid-mini-howto
find /etc/init.d/ -name 'bacula*' -exec {} restart \;
ps aux | grep bacula
netstat -utal | grep bacula

# as there are sometimes daemons still not started:
sleep 10s
find /etc/init.d/ -name 'bacula*' -exec {} start \;

**
Could this last line cause havoc?