Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is not recycling/pruning/purging automatically

2009-01-06 17:16:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula is not recycling/pruning/purging automatically
From: Brian Debelius <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
To: Jonathan Larsen <jon AT heartslc DOT com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:13:25 -0500
I do two things.  I run an admin script after each nights run, that
marks the last tape written to as used.  I also run admin script before
each nights run, that moves purged or recycled media to the scratch pool.

This after admin scipt is for windows.

:_MarkAsUsed
set tempfile="%working_dir%\adminjob.tmp"
set inchanger=0

%mtx% -f Changer0 status > %tempfile%
for /F "usebackq tokens=10" %%i in ( `findstr /R /C:"^Data Transfer
Element 0:Full" %tempfile%` ) do set inchanger=%%i

if (%inchanger%) NEQ (0) echo update volume=%inchanger% volstatus=used
quit | %bconsole%
goto _End

The before admin script runs a mysql query.  If its in the changer, and
the pool is daily or weekly, and the status is purged or recycled, then
move it to the scratch pool.

"UPDATE Media SET PoolId=3 where (VolStatus='Purged' or 'Recycled') AND
InChanger=1 AND (PoolId=5 OR PoolId=6);"

PoolId 3 is Scratch
PoolId 5 is Daily
PoolId 6 is Weekely