Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup initiated by client (FD)

2009-01-04 19:06:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup initiated by client (FD)
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:03:39 -0800
Dan Langille wrote:
> Kevin Keane wrote:
>> Dan Langille wrote:

>>> It is not clear.  :)  The FD must be able to contact the SD,
>>> possibly not a problem.  But the FD also talks to the DIR and the
>>> DIR to the Catalog.  Sure, you can put a DIR on the same LAN as the FD.
>>>
>> Maybe here is a feature suggestion for bacula 4.0 - support a
>> hierarchy of directors? The model I have in mind is somewhat similar
>> to the way Microsoft handles WSUS or eSet handles their antivirus
>> remote administration.
>
> You are free to submit a feature request.  Details on the website.
Huh? I thought the bacula team insisted just a few weeks ago that the
mailing lists are the proper vehicle for pretty much everything, and
rejected the idea of a Web-based forum. Now I'm confused.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.