Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 performance

2009-01-03 04:00:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO3 performance
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: Jesper Krogh <jesper AT krogh DOT cc>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 03:57:45 -0500
For a speed test /dev/zero isn't the best item to use as the hardware
compression will show how good it can be.   I would test on files that
aren't in the OS cache and will have representative level of
compression.
                                -Jason

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 20:14 +0100, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an IBM Type 8765-1UXD LTO3, is working but not at its best
> > performance.
> > As wikipedia its Max Speed (MB/s) should be Max Speed 80 MB/s and the
> > actual is about 10 Mb/s.
> >
> > Could be some miscofiguration of bacula? What can I twak? I tried not
> > using compression but not was improved.
>

> Are you using spooling?
>
> Whats the speed measure using:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nst0 bs=1M count=1000

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  212-400-1670 x2