Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula complains about volumes, intervention needed

2009-01-02 03:17:12
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula complains about volumes, intervention needed
From: Tarja Harmokivi <tarja.harmokivi AT r2m DOT se>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 09:14:02 +0100
Hi, I'm using Bacula release 2.4.2 on Linux/(Debian or Ubuntu) Server.

Lately I have had trouble with bacula sending mail about: "Bacula:
Intervention needed for server-bupper.2008-12-26_23.59.19" with the
message:

29-Dec 06:59 bupper-sd JobId 934: Job server-bupper.2008-12-26_23.59.19
waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label"  command to create a new Volume for:
   Storage:      "FileStorage" (/storage/)
   Pool:         BupperServerPool
   Media type:   File

The "label" command was succesfull, for one time, but it did not fix the
problem for good. Once it had done the backup it marked it as used and
then at the next time for a backup I got the email again.
I had this problem with a another server before.With the other server I
"fixed" the problem by changing the name in dir-pools.conf under " Label
Format = " and after that it didn't complain, but now, couple weeks
later this server starts with the same problem.
What I want to know is, What is the real problem? And how do I fix it
properly?

Thanks.

P.S. Bupper is the Director and /storage/

R2M
Tarja Harmokivi
Kista Entré, Box 1027, SE-164 21, KISTA
Växel: 08 - 633 13 00, Direkt: 0733 - 709 512
E-Post: tarja.harmokivi AT r2m DOT se
Webb: http://www.r2m.se

/R2M är ett konsultföretag med fokus på Java/J2EE-baserad/
/transaktionsarkitektur och systemintegration i tjänsteorienterade/
/arkitekturer (Service Oriented Architectures - SOA:s). /