Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing tape and file backup same host

2008-12-19 06:21:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mixing tape and file backup same host
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:18:17 +0100
GATOUILLAT Pierre-Damien schrieb:
> I made two pools and my schedule is :
>
> Schedule {
>         Name = "NightlySave"
>         Run = Level=Full Pool=Weekly 1st-5th sat at 01:05
>         Run = Level=Incremental Pool=DailyFile tue-fri at 00:05
> }

This looks good and should work.

> But in the job config of the client, we have to set one pool
> directive, we can't set two pools. (I tried it but bacula complains
> with error)

You need just one pool here, the pool that will be used comes from the
Run line in your schedule resource. This will override the settings in
your job resource.

> Job {
>         Name = "client"
>         Client = "client-fd"
>         Type = Backup
>         FileSet = "FileSet-coheris-tgv"
>         Pool = DailyFile
>         #Pool = Weekly
>         Storage = HP_LTO2
>         Storage = File
>         Schedule = "NightlySave"
>         Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/client.bsr"
>         Messages = Standard
> }
>
> When I ask "list nextvol" for the client :
> Could not find next Volume for Job client (Pool=Weekly, Level=Full).

I would try a testbackup, maybe change the schedule for this, so that
you don't have to wait a whole day for the incremantal backup.

Ralf