Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "Auto running" a full when current volume does not have a full

2008-12-18 18:15:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] "Auto running" a full when current volume does not have a full
From: "Joshua J. Kugler" <joshua AT eeinternet DOT com>
To: "bacula-users" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:12:28 -0900
I googled, but might have not hit the right keywords.

We have a situation where we have a server in a data center with an
attached tape drive, and we'd like to avoid a trip to the data center
for tape swapping if at all possible.  We have a series of tapes we
will go through, but would like to avoid swapping out several tapes if
and when we have to do restores.

Is there a setting, or a simple script we can use, that will put in
effect, basically, this algorithm:

 - Start Job
 - Look at current volume
 - If volume has a full for this client, run
differential/incremental/whatever is default.
 - else, upgrade job to full.
Run job

So, basically, whenver we put in a new volume, it would automatically
get a full of each client, regardless of whether or not we intervened
manually.

Thanks!

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer