Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape library auto cleaning and Bacula

2008-12-18 14:29:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape library auto cleaning and Bacula
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:25:14 +0100
Hi,

18.12.2008 19:17, Alan Brown wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Win Htin wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> While Bacula backups are running, the library system (IBM TS3200) figures
>> one of the tape drives requires head cleaning and tries to load the cleaning
>> tape.
>
> Turn that feature off in the tape library's control panel.

That's definitely what I'd do... you might get notified by Bacula if
cleaning is required if you use the tape alert capturing.

> Bacula can't (currently) cope with devices that load cleaning tapes
> automatically.

Weelll... you could simply use much longer timeouts for media changer
operations. Give both mtx-changer and the watchdog in the SD lots of
time, and that might work.

I never tried that, though.

Arno

> AB