Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Not sure if my configs are fine like this...

2008-12-18 10:27:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] Not sure if my configs are fine like this...
From: "Echnaton Birkmann" <echnaton.birkmann AT inew-cs DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:23:45 +0100

Hey Guys,

I’m using ubuntu 8.04.1, I installed bacula with “apt-get install bacula” and the db with “apt-get install bacula-director-sqlite”.

I have set up my bacula configs as of the online documentations… I also am a fresh starter when it comes to linux and dbs, so please act like you were explaining things to an 8- year old, when you reply.

I did NOT configure anything on the db! I have read that there should be a “bacula.db” in the bacula install dir, which is not the fact with my system!

However.

If I run “bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf” , “bacula-fd -t -c bacula-fd.conf” and “bacula-sd -t -c bacula-sd.conf” It doesn’t return any errors! So I assumed that everything is A-OK… But when I start the console, it does not seem right…

So now… Can anyone tell me if I’m at least on the right way? Or am I completely off the track?

To give you the right Picture:

We have 3 Network Attached Storages all in all. One is called “Ares” , one is called “Phobos” and one is called “FSadmin”. There is one “backup” –pc that hosts bacula. This “backup” –pc has mounts of all the relevant directories residing on the 3 NASs.

The mounts are as follows:

/Backup/ares/backup

/Sources/phobos/<sub-dir>

/Sources/fsadmin/<sub-dir>

…well… I now want to backup several directories from “Phobos” and “FSadmin” to “Ares”. (“Ares” is the DESTINATION)

Please read the attached configs for detailed info!

Thanks a million in advance!

yours sincerely!

Echnaton Birkmann

I-NEW Communicative Solutions GmbH