Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] "Configurator"

2008-12-18 07:38:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] "Configurator"
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:48:53 +0100
Hi,

18.12.2008 12:28, Echnaton Birkmann wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>

> What is hat configure program that I keep reading about? Can I start
> this routine (the configure program) after I installed, and partially
> configured bacula?

No.

'./configure' is the first step you do when installing Bacula from
source. It prepares compiling and installing by setting up the
necessary information.

It does not configure Bacula itself.

> And if “yes”… how can I start it?

Even though the answer to the first question is "No": You start it by
running './configure --with --lots --of --arguments' in the source
base directory.

It is very helpful to first read the related manual chapters, the
documentation accompanying the source, and the output of './configure
--help'; typically, if you don't know what ./configure does, you don't
need to run it, though :-)

Arno

> Thanks a milli for the answers,
>

> Cheers!
>

> *Echnaton Birkmann*
>
> */I-/**/NEW/**/ /**/Communicative Solutions GmbH/*
>
> Am Anger
>
> I-New Building
>
> A-7210 Mattersburg
>
> Office:  +43 2626 20720
>
> Mobile.: +43 676 42 24 962
>
> Fax:      +43 2626 20720.1
>
> /online: //www.inew-cs.com <http://www.inew-cs.com>/

> The future of the web can't happen without you.  Join us at MIX09 to help

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück
www.its-lehmann.de