Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore-only console

2008-12-18 04:57:45
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore-only console
From: ASMR (Anders Sønderberg Mortensen) <asmr AT novonordisk DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:54:52 +0100
Hello,

I'm trying to prepare a bacula installation (version 2.0.3 packaged from
Redhat's EPEL repository) where I have several individual restore-only
consoles. I'll need to be able to handle the situation where disjoint parts of
the same bacula client filesystem are linked to each of their own restore
console. Or the other way around, each restore console should be authorized to
restore his own files in some sense.

First of all, I believe this is most easily achieved by segmentating each
client's filesystem in as many (disjoint) FileSets as there will be restore
consoles authorized to restore files. Is this correctly understood?

Secondly, how do I prevent the restore console to restore files outside "his
own area" - i.e. how do I disallow the restore console to change the Where
setting. I tried to achieve this first by not mentioning at all the WhereACL in
my Console ressource - but only mentioning it in the restore job ressource.
Since the client could specify it anyway (contrary to what I believe was
claimed in the documentation) - I tried to explicitly list a directory in the
WhereACL. Again, the client was allowed to specify his own target directory.

Thanks much for any help!

Best regards

Anders