Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Changed pool name - volumes are gone

2008-12-09 12:14:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Changed pool name - volumes are gone
From: Alex Chekholko <chekh AT pcbi.upenn DOT edu>
To: tw AT wo-ag DOT de
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 12:11:05 -0500
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:03:28 +0100
Tobias Walkowiak <tw AT wo-ag DOT de> wrote:

> I just changed the pool names in the director configuration, deleted the old
> pools and now I can't assign the existing (labeled) tapes to the pools.
>
> 'list volumes' in the bconsole and 'list media' shows no results to any pool.
> when trying to 'label pool=IncrementalPool slots=4-6 barcodes' I get the error
> message "3920 Cannot label Volume because it is already labeled" for each
> tape.
>
> Does anybody have an idea how to use my labeled tape for the new pools?

IIRC, Bacula will refuse to label tapes that already have a Bacula
label on them.

To re-use labeled tapes, I write a quick script to load each tape with
mtx, write an EOF with mt, rewind, load next...

(This will of course destroy the data on the tape.)

Then "label barcodes" in bconsole.

Regards,
--
Alex Chekholko chekh AT pcbi.upenn DOT edu