Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Please mount volume

2008-12-09 04:07:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Please mount volume
From: Kshatriya <Kshatriyak AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 10:05:43 +0100
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Jesper Krogh wrote:

>> 06-Dec 03:21 bacula-sd JobId 16918: Please mount Volume "A082Y2" or label
>
> I havent had time to dig more into it, but it seems like the storage
> daemon actually cached the slot number from the catalog, making
> update-slots not effective even it ran correctly and updated the slots.

Might be. Currently I try to restart everything every day before the
backup is supposed to start, and I have the impression that it fails less
likely. I'll do this every day the next week, if backups run, then we know
it is probably a caching problem.

My other idea is to downgrade to a 2.2 release and to hope that the
problem doesn't exist there.

K.