Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Numbering Volumes

2008-12-07 07:43:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Numbering Volumes
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 13:41:24 +0100
Hello list!

As DVD-burning seems to be broken right now I am backing up to 1GB-harddisk volumes which I'll burn to DVD manually.
Is there a way to make bacula label the harddisk-volumes like this "DVD-Volume-7.12.2008-n where "n" ist the current number of the volume used for this day's backup?
Example:
DVD-Volume-7.12.2008-1
DVD-Volume-7.12.2008-2
DVD-Volume-7.12.2008-3

DVD-Volume-14.12.2008-1
DVD-Volume-14.12.2008-2
DVD-Volume-14.12.2008-3

According to the "Variable _expression_" chapter I could use my own counters for "n" if I define a "counter" ressource in the dir conf file. But how to reset the counter before the next backup?

Maybe someone could point me into the right direction?

Many thanks,

Nils