Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula asks for media when inchange is 1 but storageid does not match storage device

2008-12-04 13:54:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula asks for media when inchange is 1 but storageid does not match storage device
From: "Dos mage" <dosmage AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:52:20 -0800
I have two storage daemons with two magazines.  There are two pools between them; one for 43day retention and one for 13day retention.  I've noticed that Bacula is indiscriminate about which magazine to pull from.  What ends up happening is that a job that requires a volume from, for example, our 43day pool a request is made to a storage daemon to mount a volume from our other storage daemon.  I noticed that the mysql database seems to understand which storageid media belongs to.  Perhaps I am incorrectly configuring this, but I am not certain what that might be.

My question is, are there any users who have common pools shared amongst separate storage daemons that use independent magazines?  If so, has anyone run in to this or have a possible solution?

--
Vex